Act-On offers several integration methods besides the API. These usually require less development time than coding a custom solution and can often cut down on the number of calls required to complete a specific goal. We've listed the most common below, along with some suggested use-cases to help you find the right option to fit your needs.
CRM Customization Toolkit
Our CRM Customization Toolkit contains the instructions that will allow you to implement two of the most useful functions provided by our native CRM integrations within your own custom-built CRM or other applications.
Using a set of JSPs (JavaServer Pages) you can bring in Act-On Activity History data and mailing capabilities directly. These can often take the place of multiple API calls and can significantly reduce the number of requests needed to bring information to the user.
- Bringing Act-On features into your custom CRM or other platforms
- Viewing Activity History for particular contacts
- Allowing your end user to customize templates or create messages to send to individuals
External Form Posts
Act-On forms provide an additional way to add contacts to a list. Forms can be set up to write records to an existing contact list, such as a Master List, or to their own unique, form-specific lists. By default, forms will use the email address to update existing records. In cases where you want to preserve the data from the previous submissions, you can also set the form to append every entry as a new record instead.
- Sending data to Act-On and another database simultaneously
- Adding single contacts to a list
List Sync via FTP
Act-On software provides FTP access to transfer large contact lists. This is especially useful for custom CRMs, or other data storage options. By using the FTP method, you are able to import lists, export lists, and schedule the synchronization between your Act-On lists and the lists you upload to the FTP site.
- Syncing large lists bidirectionally (Act-On < - > Data Source)
Data Studio is an advanced data transport tool that allows you to configure and export reporting data from Act-On to the analytics tools of your choice. Choose from preconfigured data sets and aggregations or dive right into the raw data facts. You can filter the data, schedule exports, and select a data storage destination in order to accommodate your data needs.
Using Data Studio you are able to easily export marketing data using predefined export templates, allowing access to valuable data sets from your:
- Landing Pages
- Email Messages
- Website Traffic
- Regularly scheduled data exports
- Integration with business intelligence tools like Tableau, Power BI, and others
Act-On Anywhere for Chrome and Outlook
Our Chrome plugin lets you access Act-On Data and content while you are anywhere on the web. Both Chrome and the Outlook versions also allow you to send Act-On trackable emails and templates from within your own email inbox, making them available for segmentation and scoring within Act-On as well.
- Checking Contact's interaction history with your marketing (Chrome plugin only)
- Inserting Act-On assets into other web-based content (Chrome plugin only)
- Sending and tracking email outside of Act-On