Request API Credentials
Interested in accessing Act-On's REST API? Please read this page before getting started.
To use our API, you will need:
- An Act-On account – one or both of these:
- Production account (paid). You'll use a username and password for this account to make your production API calls.
- Sandbox account (free for developers). This is used for testing your integrations before moving them to production. This account is identical to a production account, but it is restricted to one user and 10 Active Contacts. We provide this account when you sign up for your API keys.
- A set of API credentials. This consists of a Client ID and Client Secret. These credentials are unique to your integration and are not tied to a specific account.
- To request API credentials and a sandbox account, fill out the form on this page.
- To locate your existing API credentials, you can log in to your Act-On sandbox account as an administrator and go to Settings > Other Settings > Custom Account Settings > API Access Keys. If you cannot find your credentials, or they do not display in your account as expected, please contact support.
Calls to our authentication endpoints will require both your unique Client ID/Secret and a username/password for the specific account you are accessing.
Usage & Rate Limits
All accounts (developer and production) are limited for API use. The current maximums are:
- Rate Limit: 5 API calls per second
- Usage Limit: 30,000 total requests per day
- Auth Requests: 5 authentication calls per hour
- File Upload: 400MB per file
See our FAQ for more information.
Provisioning is generally done within 24-48 hours after you submit this form. (Note: if this form does not load in the page, please check your browser settings.)