Request API Credentials
Interested in accessing Act-On's REST API? Please read this page before getting started.
To use our API, you will need:
- An Act-On account – one or both of these:
- Production (paid) account. You'll use a username and password for this account to make your production API calls.
- Developer (test) account. This is used for testing your integrations before moving them to production. This account is identical to a production account, but it is restricted to one user and 10 Active Contacts.
- A set of API credentials. This consists of a Client ID and Client Secret. These credentials are unique to your integration and are not tied to a specific account.
Calls to our authentication endpoints will require both your unique Client ID/Secret and a username/password for the specific account you are accessing.
Usage & Rate Limits
All accounts (developer and production) are limited for API use. The current maximums are:
- Rate Limit: 5 API calls per second
- Usage Limit: 30,000 total requests per day
- Auth Requests: 5 authentication calls per hour
- File Upload: 400MB per file
See our FAQ for more information.
Provisioning is generally done within 24-48 hours after you submit this form.